Personal Thoughts about FIFA 17 Passing

Have anything else you want to say? Here's the place.
no avatar
User

supodum

Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:57 am

Personal Thoughts about FIFA 17 Passing

Postby supodum » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:50 pm

Depends on what you consider "shit passing". The truth is there are so many factors affecting the game (body positioning, passing stats, RNG, momentum, lag) that "good passing" or "bad passing" are pretty much out of a players' hands. Player skill doesn't factor in much. There's too many people who complain about passing for it to be ok - if you in particular really clicked with it, great stuff, more power to you. Most haven't and most have played way too many other FIFA and PES games to know when passing feels like it's working and when it doesn't. In 16 it really doesn't work like it should a significant portion of the time. By the way, if you need fut 17 coins, just go to our site.

I agree with you that certain players / stats cater to FUT's gameplay more than others - hence why Emenike and Welliton (for example) were god tier STs in 13. But I disagree that "better players" use them more, everyone knows who the cheap beasts are and everyone uses them because they're cheap and perform well. Specially if you lack the trading skills and/or pack money.

In general I'm of the same opinion as InceptionXx (the streamer / youtuber), skill plays a smaller part in FIFA online when lag and game manipulation (RNG/momentum) come into play. There's only so much you can do, for example, when RNG decides your opponents' GK should be super human. Is it impossible to win? No, but it makes it so much harder to, unfairly so. And no, the excuse of "you're taking bad shots" is an easy cop out, there's games where the GK is just a forcefield and is saving 100% sure goals.

Again, I agree with you on FIFA is not P2W, but that's where I draw the line. Because paradoxically, it really should be more P2W, and isn't because of both psychological factors (ronaldo isn't performing?? I must get IF ronaldo, fifa ptsssssssss) and at the same time not getting noobs or the cash strapped destroyed by high rated teams.

Want to see how it actually should work, while at the same time having a high skill gap? Go play PES myClub, the game is more of a sim than FIFA so you need to be really good at it, but at the same time if you're average but have Ronaldo I'm still gonna have a hard time stopping you as he is so good at everything. But guess what? MyClub is much less noob friendly than FUT because you WILL get destroyed if you don't have a proper team.